Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 14th, A day of Rest


After yoga and trekking, my body was so sore! So, I spent the day around the village area where my cottage is centered. The highlight of my day was walking to town and buying a grapefruit, which are the size of melons here. The funny thing is that the skin is so thick that there is barely any fruit in it! Nonetheless, it was still yummy. I also bought a whole cucumber that I had to peel. Often, I cannot eat fresh fruits and veggies around town, because they cut and wash them in dirty water. But, I’m safe when I peel these things myself. That’s pretty much all I did today, and I was satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. That grapefruit is crazy looking! Maybe it is a pummelo, the ancestor of the grapefruit...don;t ask me how I know that, I really have no idea. Your blog is wonderful, and it looks like you are having a fabulous time in India! Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for all your comments. :-) By the way, I don't recognize you... do I know you?

    ReplyDelete