Monday, September 14, 2009

Train to Rishikesh- September 10

I took a train ride from Jaipur to New Delhi, which took 5 1/2 hours. From there, I needed to buy a ticket to Haridwar. I was so lost in the train station, because there were no signs pointing to the direction of the ticket booth! I was searching all over, when I saw this guy with a really kind face and he looked like a student. Perfect! So, I approached him and asked him where the ticket booth was. He had no idea, but he helped me find it. Then, graciously, he helped me buy the ticket (which was an incredibly stressful thing, since everyone said the train was full. Nobody spoke English, so I had to rely on the guy I was with to help me)! Finally, after getting the ticket, he helped me get to my platform and waited with me until my train arrived! He told me about his wife and his little baby and had me talk to his wife on the phone. He kept saying, "I am so lucky to be helping you. An American." Wow, what a crazy thought... Lucky to help an American? I said, "I am lucky you are helping me!!!" ha ha ha.

So, I said good bye and off I went for a 6 1/2 hour train ride to Haridwar... The train ride was long, but I slept the whole way. Some of the Indians on the train woke me up when we arrived at the correct train station, and I was so thankful! Otherwise, I would have slept through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment