Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 16th- Last Day in Rishikesh!

Yoga was much more difficult today than any of the other days. It was filled I went to breakfast with my friends, Lindsey and Edden, and we went all out. We ordered about six dishes, including banana porridge, chocolate pancakes, fruit salad, eggs, toast, hashbrowns, cheese tomato toast, and of course mineral water and tea. All of this came to a whopping total of Rs. 310 (about $6)!!! We couldn’t believe it. Gotta love India.
Although it was my last day in Rishikesh, I was feeling quite fatigued. So, I finished my Peace Corps application online, and rested until 5pm when I had a spectacular massage. She pulled, stretched and rubbed until I felt like jello. It was soooooo necessary.
I spent my last night at dinner next to the Ganges with Lindsey and Edden. And, funny enough, some people I had met in Jaipur were at the same restaurant! It’s amazing the same places tourists go to, and at the same time! Lindsey started feeling sick and had to go back to the cottage, but I had to go to the ATM. So, Edden and I went on a half hour walk to the ATM. On our way back, we encountered a hippie-looking Indian man asking if we wanted to “Ganga” and a dog who seemed like he had some issues similar to rabies that freaked me out. We stopped to push an enormously heavy cart pulled by an elderly man up a hill. Lastly, we walked through this alley that was completely surrounded by monkeys. As cute as they are, I was so scared b/c of how dangerous they can be- especially in numbers. So, I walked behind Edden slowly the whole time up the stairs and we walked right next to monkeys on the stairs on all around us. I was afraid I was going to get bitten! We got out bite-free, though, and I was so relieved!! What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment