Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 15th: 2nd Waterfall





This morning I went to yoga and had breakfast with my Canadian friend, Ali. Afterwards, we walked around town a bit, got lunch, and then trekked to another waterfall about 2 miles away. On the way, there were tons of monkeys jumping through the trees. I obtained a large stick that I carried with me the whole way to scare the monkeys away if they chose to attack. Although, I didn’t end up needing it, it made me feel safe! Ha Ha. The waterfall was not as big as the one I had seen a couple days before, but was still absolutely gorgeous. I was glad for the exercise too, since I had eaten so much earlier! There is so much natural beauty in India, and I am so privileged to have gotten to see some of it.
Unfortunately, most towns and cities in India are completely littered with trash and animal/human feces. However, they seem to take care of the Himalayas and the Ganges. There are people that come and pick up the trash, similar to the ones that we always see on the side of the freeways in America. It’s nice to know they try and preserve some of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world.
I spent the rest of the night simply resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment